Thursday, January 21, 2010

Yellow

There are many things in the world worth puzzling over. The connection of the title to the rest of this blog is not going to be one of them. Lately, I've been pondering over many other things. Like the unbearable mist that's settled over the future, which once used to be so clear. Now it's like the future is just a myth, the goals and ambitions were just playful fantasies. Like houses built out of cheese. Or the Easter Bunny.

But today was one of those days where you could actually enjoy still being a kid, even though technically in society you've been branded as an "adult," whatever that implies. Eating cake, watching How I Met Your Mother, and chilling with your friends, laughing for no reason...what could be more perfect? Makes you appreciate the simple pleasures of life. There's this line that I heard, in Planet Earth, which went like "Any feeling of emptiness is an illusion" and although that line was just a passing comment about the vastness and seemingly idyllic nature of...well, nature, the line stuck to my brain like chewing gum to the bottom of my flats. The day I watched that episode was troubling, to say the least, and thinking about this line...I was confused whether or not it was a positive thought. Is the impossibility of ever being empty a depressing thought or a reassuring one? I still don't know. Sometimes you want to drain all emotions out of your system, become blank. Sometimes the emptiness is oppressing. There're some things not worth puzzling over. Living your life is more important.

Yellow.

2 comments: